Makes 4 salmon BLTs
- 2 1/2 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tsp chives, snipped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 20 oz salmon fillets, with skin
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 4 large romaine or butter lettuce leaves
- 2 ripe, but firm medium tomatoes
- 6 slices of fully cooked turkey bacon
- nonstick cooking spray, olive oil style
Spray grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare outdoor grill for covered, direct grilling over medium heat. Stir sour cream, yogurt, chives and garlic together in a small bowl until well blended; set aside.
Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper as desired. Place salmon, skin side facing down, on heated grill rack; cook covered about 11 to 12 minutes, until salmon is opaque, but do not turn. Slide thin metal spatula or pancake turner between skin and salmon meat and transfer salmon to a plate (discard skin).
Toast bread on grill rack about 1 minute per side. Spread herb dressing on 1 side of each of 4 toasted bread slides. Top with 1 folded lettuce leaf, 1 salmon fillet, 2 or 3 slices of tomato, and 3 half-pieces turkey bacon. Place top toasted bread slice on each sandwich and serve.