We all know there are benefits to healthy eating - but what you may not realize is that a wholesome diet along with exercise and a healthy weight can prevent cancer. Below is a recipe from Dr. Julia Greer that includes some of the best secret-weapon ingredients to prevent cancer.
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 (16 oz) pre-cooked whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/2 cup jarred sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 Fuji, Jonagold, or Golden Delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425 ° F. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, onion, green and orange pepper; mix well. Spread on pizza crust. Layer apple and red pepper on top of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake about 9 to 11 minutes or until cheese melts and pizza is heated through.