This versatile recipe can be used as a delicious gourmet breakfast or as a light dinner. Serve with a small serving of potatoes if desired for dinner.
- 16 oz asparagus, peeled and cooked al dente
- 8 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 4 oz shittake mushrooms (optional)
- 2 oz fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- Hollandaise sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small sauce pan, sweat the onions and garlic in olive oil.
2. Then add the shittake mushrooms and tomatoes, and let cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the basil, lemon juice, zest, butter, and adjust seasonings.
4. To serve, arrange asparagus on a plate, and pour on the Hollandaise sauce. Spoon diced eggs on the plate and put tomato and mushroom mix on top.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!