We’re really into avocados at my house. Between me, my husband, and my son, Leo, we eat several each week. They usually get diced and tossed into salads and tacos, or smeared onto bread, but it wasn’t until recently that we started to drink them. An avocado might not seem like a go-to smoothie component, but when it’s blended with ingredients that are sweet, it provides body and richness. With its super-high potassium content, it’s just the right thing, along with banana, to enjoy after a tough workout. If you want to make this a vegan smoothie, just omit the yogurt, or use cultured coconut or almond milk.
- 1/2 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 large banana
- 1/4 cup (60g) low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup ice (about 2 cubes), plus more for serving
- 3/4 to 1 can (125ml) coconut water, depending on your preferred thickness
- 1 tsp agave nectar (light or dark)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and frothy. Sprinkle additional cinnamon on top and serve.