Author of Clean Green Eats, chef Candice Kumai, shares with viewers a delicious and filling soup for the Day-Off Diet. This soup is packed with essential nutrients and is a natural diuretic to help you feel clean and energized throughout the day. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
Photo Credit: Candice Kumai
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb red potatoes, washed, dried and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 medium beets, peeled and sliced, plus half a beet finely shredded
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 8 cups beef or vegetable stock
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Greek yogurt, for topping
- fresh dill or thyme, for topping
1. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and the chopped onion and bay leaves into a large stockpot and cook on medium heat for approximately 8 minutes or until soft and tender.
2. Add in the red potatoes, beets, and celery, cook until slightly golden brown (approximately 15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
3. Add in your beef or vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Add in the shredded cabbage and cook for another 10-15 minutes on a light simmer. Add salt and apple cider vinegar to taste. Finish off each soup bowl with a dollop of Greek yogurt and fresh dill or thyme.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!