Matcha is a great ingredient to use in baking because it's powder form makes it easily to mix in with flour. Try out these matcha cookies as a twist on the traditional classic -- with added health benefits!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Whisk the flour, baking soda, matcha powder, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until creamy (about one minute). Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
3. Mix in the mashed banana and 1/4 cup of water, beating until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until they’re just combined. Add the oats and the chocolate chips, mix briefly, and use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl if needed.
4. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Use a tablespoon to scoop out 1 1/2-inch dough balls, placing them about 1-inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake until just golden on top, about 10 minutes. Cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Liver Reboot to Go from a Fatty Liver to a Skinny Liver.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!