Makes 24 cupcakes
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup caramel flavored syrup, sugar free
- 1 yellow cake mix, sugar free
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 oz sugar-free vanilla frosting
- 2 tbsp plus 1 1/2 tsp of sugar-free caramel flavored syrup
- 4 1/2 oz jellybeans
Microwave diced apples for 5 to 6 minutes, until they are soft. Smash them with a potato masher and let cool to room temperature.
In a mixing bowl, add cake mix, apples, caramel flavored syrup, eggs, oil and water. Mix on low for 1 minute and mix on medium-high for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl to make sure the batter is completely mixed.
Fill 24 cup cake liners with 2/3 fill of batter and bake at 325°F for 20 to 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to stick in the middle to check for doneness, if the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are baked.
Beat frosting with caramel flavoring. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle the tops with jellybeans.