- 3 oz extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp; peeled and deveined
- 1 lb whole wheat linguini
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsely
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile, heat extra virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Working in batches; sauté shrimp 2 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a side plate and repeat with remaining shrimp. Drain any excess oil from the pan.
At this time, the water should be boiling. Cook linguini according to package. Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil to prevent sticking.
Meanwhile, add white wine, lemon juice, chicken broth and garlic to the sauté pan. Cook over medium high heat until liquid has reduced by half, approximately 6 minutes. Whisk in the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium and add shrimp and linguini to reheat. Toss to evenly coat with sauce and heat through for about 1 minute.
Transfer to a large serving bowl or individual bowls. Sprinkle evenly with parsley and basil. Serve immediately.