This delectably decadent dish is what Chef Roble calls his "showstopper" dish because he's cooked it for stars like Justin Timberlake, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Rihanna. Embrace the celebrity chef within and try out these French toast cubes at your next brunch.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, divided: 1/2 for batter and 1/2 for the cornflakes
- 3 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 1 loaf Challah bread, cut into thick slices
- powdered sugar
1. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the crushed cornflakes and remaining cinnamon.
3. In batches, add the bread to the egg mixture and make sure all sides are coated with the batter.
4. As each batch gets coated, remove from the batter and allow excess to drain off. Roll bread in the cornflake crust.
5. Set pan or electric griddle to medium heat. Add a generous amount of butter, letting it melt and get foamy. Cook both sides of the bread until dark golden brown.
6. Arrange finished pieces on a board and drizzle with honey. Cut each slice into 6 pieces and dust with powdered sugar. Stick each piece with bamboo skewer or toothpick and serve.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!