Makes four servings
- 4 sprays olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups fat free ricotta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 oz parmigiano, reggiano, freshly grated
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 oz whole wheat pasta sheets
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup mushroom juice
- 2 oz reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- 4 tsp potato starch
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a non-stick 9”x9”x2” lasagna pan with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, basil, parsley and half the grated parmigiano. Season contents with salt and pepper.
Mix 1/4 cup of mushroom juice with potato starch and whisk into the ricotta mix.
Spread a single layer of pasta sheets on the bottom of the pan followed by a thin layer of the ricotta mix, a light sprinkling of mozzarella, followed by a single layer of mushrooms. Repeat two more times.
Top lasagna with remaining mozzarella and sprinkle with remaining parmigiano. Pour remaining mushroom juice over the lasagna and let it spill over the sides.
Top with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and turn the heat to 425° F and cook until lasagna top turns brown. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.