- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1 red pepper, cut into half lengthwise and cleaned of seeds
- 4 tbsp shredded reduced fat Monterrey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat the olive oil in a medium pan, stir in the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the rice, garlic, beans sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Continue cooking for another minute.
Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cheese then stuff both pepper halves with the mixture.
Place pepper in a small ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and back for 30 minutes until cheese is bubble and pepper has softened.