Top your Roasted Squash Soup with this delicious pesto by Dr. Andrew Weil and chef Rosie Daley. This is model Camila Alves' favorite pesto and one of her go-to recipes.
Recipe from The Healthy Kitchen: Recipes for a Better Body, Life, and Spirit. Alfred A. Knopf, 2002.
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 cups cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
1. Put the walnuts in a food processor and grind them into a fine powder.
2. Add the cilantro, jalapeño pepper, salt, vinegar, and 2-3 tablespoons of water and blend. Blend in a little more water if necessary to make a thick sauce.
3. Taste and correct the seasoning, adding more salt if necessary.
4. Keep any leftover pesto in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container and use as a dip or spread.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Truth About Turkey Burgers and If They’re Really Worth Your Money.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!