The ultimate comfort food is always a warm bowl of tomato soup. Not only does garlic provide bursts of flavor, it is also great for boosting your immune system.
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes (use small tomatoes, like plum or cherry)
- 4 cloves garlic (skin on)
- 4 small Vidalia onions, cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2-4 cups water (depending on how thin/thick you like your soup)
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Cover a baking sheet with foil, and slice the tomatoes in half. Line them on the baking sheet and drizzle them with 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
3. Place the prepped garlic cloves and onions on a second baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the tomatoes and garlic and onion (2 baking sheets) in the oven and roast the vegetables for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5. Peel the skin off the roasted garlic cloves and place the peeled garlic and the rest of the vegetables, along with 2 cups water, into a food processor or blender, and puree until it is smooth and silky. Simmer the puree in a large pot on the stove on medium heat and season with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!