Turmeric is the vibrant orange-yellow spice affectionately known as the magic sword against inflammation. It was birthed in India and crowned centuries ago as one of the great dosha balancers in ayurvedic medicine. With all the healing benefits, you can taste the inherent goodness with each sip. It is just as delicious as it is nutritious. Drink up!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 tsp turmeric paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger root
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- raw honey or stevia to taste
1. To make the turmeric paste, combine 2 parts turmeric powder with 1 part boiling water. Mix and store any extra in the fridge up to 5 days.
2. Gently warm the almond or coconut milk in a small saucepan. Do not boil.
3. Add turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
4. Next, combine coconut oil with milk and heat together until melted.
5. Use a wire whisk or immersion blender to create a foam. Continue to stir until frothy and heated through.
6. Stir in honey or stevia to taste. Sip, savor, and enjoy.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!