Each serving of this snack is packed with spice, fiber, and protein, and low in fat and price. Leanne Brown’s simple afternoon snack is an easy way to stop your hunger and keep your wallet satisfied, too. And you can switch up the spices to make it your own.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or winter squash seeds
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp any ground spices
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Put the chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, butter, salt, and spices in a bowl. Mix to coat every chickpea and seed with the spices.
3. Spread the chickpeas and pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the chickpeas and seeds with a spatula, making sure they aren’t sticking too much. Put the baking sheet back in the oven until everything is crusty and golden, about 10 more minutes.
6. Let the chickpeas and seeds cool for 10 minutes. Scoop into a bowl and serve.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!