Makes 3 cups
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1/2 pink grapefruit
- 2/3 cup pickling or Persian cucumbers
- 1/2 cup small jicama, peeled and cut into julienne
- 1/3 cup head green cabbage
- 1/4 cup small red onion,
- 2 Serrano chiles, stemmed and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/3 cup bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Slice ends off orange, lime, and grapefruit and stand upright on a counter. Cut away peel and membrane, exposing fruit.
Working over a bowl to catch the juices, separate the citrus sections by slicing with a knife between membranes. Remove and discard seeds.
Cut the citrus segments into small dice and add to the bowl with all the juices. Stir in remaining ingredients thoroughly, cover, and let sit in refrigerator 5 to 10 minutes for flavors to combine.