- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lb silken tofu
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 oz) diced water chestnuts
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 oz worcestershire sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the onions and when they start to soften, add the garlic. Sauté over low heat until golden brown but do not allow the onions to burn.
Purée the tofu with the onion mixture until smooth and season with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
Stir in the spinach, water chestnuts and scallions and mix well.
Serve in a bread bowl made from whole grain bread and use the torn out pieces of bread for dipping or serve with bell pepper slices, celery and carrot sticks.