Put these mushrooms on top of chicken to make this delectable chicken paillards recipe to enjoy for dinner during your diet. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 1 tsp dried oregano or marjoram
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 branches fresh thyme
- 1/2 lb cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, cut into quarters
1. Combine the dried oregano or marjoram, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and thyme in a medium bowl.
2. Add the mushrooms into the bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight, refrigerated.
3. Once the mushrooms are marinated, spread them in single layer on a hot grill and cook until tender (about 6 minutes); or spread the mushrooms on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 450 degrees F. Mushrooms may also be cooked in olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat until tender (4 to 6 minutes).
4. When the mushrooms are cooked, set aside to cool slightly before adding them on top of the chicken.
Recipe provided by James Briscione, chef instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!