Make this recipe look gourmet by adding marinated mushrooms and a healthy Dijon vinaigrette on top. You will love this rich and hearty recipe so much you'll forget you're on a diet! Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded to 3/4-inch thickness)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lb (about 4 handfuls) fresh arugula or watercress
For the chicken:
1. In a large bowl, mix the chicken breasts with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and any optional seasoning (like thyme, rosemary, and garlic; or smoked paprika and chile powder).
2. Cook the chicken on a hot grill, turning once, approximately 3 minutes per side. To cook on the stovetop, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick sauté pan over high heat and sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove the cooked chicken to a rack to cool slightly before cutting.
For the Chicken Paillards completed dish:
2. Place the grilled chicken on individual plates and pile the dressed salad on top.
Recipe provided by James Briscione, chef instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Day-Off Diet.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!