Olives are high in monounsaturated fats, which means they are very healthy to eat in moderation. Marinating them is a great way to spice up a snack if you start to get hungry before dinner. Find out more about the other snacks you can eat on the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 8 jumbo olives of your choice
- 1 tbsp garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Chop the olives and marinate them with any combination of the herbs and spices above.
2. Marinate overnight in olive oil if you have time, if not, just toss ingredients together for a quick snack.
Recipe provided by James Briscione, chef instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Day-Off Diet.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!