Go ahead and make it a pasta night with this tasty penne dish. It's a satisfying dinner with eggplant, chicken, and grape tomatoes and will soon be your new favorite meal.
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups eggplant, cubed
- 4 pinches coarse salt, divided
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 oz cooked chicken breast, sliced
- ground pepper, to taste
- basil leaves, for garnish
1. Boil penne pasta until al dente; reserve 1/3 cup pasta water when you drain.
2. While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and 2 pinches of coarse salt. Cook, stirring until golden, about 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Add grape tomatoes and garlic clove. Cook, stirring, until tomatoes soften, about 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken, reserved pasta water, and pasta. Cook over high heat, stirring, about 3 minutes.
5. Season with pepper and 2 pinches coarse salt. Transfer to plate and garnish with basil.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!