Pair this roasted side dish with one of the protein selections from the Day-Off Diet for a healthy and filling lunch or dinner. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 red onion, thinly shaved and placed in cold water
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Combine the florets of cauliflower, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl. Toss well to combine. Transfer to a baking sheet spread into a single layer. If the pan is crowded, divide between two pans.
3. Roast in the oven until the florets are dark on the edges and tender at the stem, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
4. To serve, combine the roasted cauliflower, shaved red onions (drained), the zest and juice of 1 lemon, parsley, and radishes. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe provided by James Briscione, chef instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Day-Off Diet.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!