Spinach is loaded with fiber, minerals, and vitamins and adding it to your basic egg breakfast is a great way to get your veggies in the morning. Pair the two with yogurt and fresh berries for a well-balanced meal.
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 small shallot, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- small pinch of coarse salt
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of pepper
- 3/4 cup plain 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup raspberries
1. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced shallots and cook, stirring until golden in color, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add baby spinach and a small pinch of coarse salt. Toss until wilted, about 2 minutes.
3. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. Add remaining 1 tsp olive oil and heat over low heat.
4. Crack 1 large egg into pan and cook, about 4 minutes (or to desired doneness).
5. Transfer to plate and season with pepper. Serve with plain 2% Greek yogurt and raspberries.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!