Nuts and seeds are great snacks while you're on the Day-Off Diet because they are packed with good fats and protein to keep your hunger at bay. If you're craving something sweet in the middle of the day, give these sweet nuts or seeds a try. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- Choose: 1 oz almonds, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, or 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
1. Lightly spray your choice of nuts or seeds with cooking spray.
2. Toss nuts or seeds with chosen spices until lightly coated.
3. Cook in the oven at 325° F until toasted and golden brown in color.
Recipe provided by James Briscione, chef instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Day-Off Diet.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!