There's a time and a place to let your sweet tooth win. This recipe for homemade date caramel will have you scrambling to your kitchen immediately. You're minutes away from three homemade cups of caramel.
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 15 large dates, pitted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Soak dates in hot water for about 20-30 minutes.
2. Add dates with hot water to a blender or a food processor.
3. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, sea salt, and coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
4. Serve caramel over fruit slices, cheese, or just take a spoon and enjoy by itself!
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!