This one-pot meal is creamy and delicious without all the extra calories and fat from a traditional pasta cream sauce. This recipe is from Sara Lynn Cauchon, also known as "The Domestic Geek". Her weekly healthy meal channel can be found on YouTube.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 cups mushroom broth
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
1. In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and sauté for five to six minutes or until they’re softened.
2. Add garlic and thyme and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
3. Add farfalle, broth, and milk and bring mixture to a simmer. Cook over medium heat, stirring every two minutes, for about 15 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta is cooked through.
4. Stir in spinach and peas and cook for another two minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 99 Food Myths.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!