- 1/2 cup sugar-free low-fat barbecue sauce
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/3 small white onion, grated
- 3 tbsp low-fat bacon bits
- 1 cup cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup fresh kale, cleaned and roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
In a small saucepan over high heat, combine the barbecue sauce with the dry mustard, onion, bacon bits, beans, and kale. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer the beans for 10 minutes, or until the kale is tender, stirring occasionally. The sauce should thicken slightly and the beans should be very tender. Season the beans with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.