Make these scones for the week and enjoy a quick and healthy breakfast. Grain- and gluten-free, this breakfast is a great way to get your day started. Add some jam on top or enjoy by itself. Use Dr. Davis' all-purpose baking mix for these delicious scones.
- 8 oz all-purpose baking mix
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 oz coconut oil, cold
- 2 oz sweetener equivalent to sugar
- 1 1/4 oz chopped pecans
- 2 oz buttermilk or thinned coconut milk
- 1 egg
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, coconut flour, salt, and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter, cut the oil into the flour mixture for 1 minute, or until incorporated and the mixture resembles damp sand.
3. Stir in the sweetener, pecans, buttermilk or coconut milk, and egg, mixing just until blended. The dough will be thick and stiff.
4. Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough and loosely shape it into 8 equal balls. Place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Use your hands or a large wooden spoon to lightly flatten to 1/2 inch thickness.
5. Bake for 13 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove to a rack and cool for 5 minutes.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 30 Days/30 Ideas for Your Biggest Body Problems.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!