This decadent pizza combines the flavors of the Mediterranean ontop of healthy grain-free crust for the ultimate pizza experience. Use Dr. Davis' all-purpose baking mix for this delicious recipe.
- 10 oz all-purpose baking mix
- 3 oz grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz water
- 2 oz provolone, cut into cubes
- 3 oz graed mozzarella cheese
- 5 oz pizza sauce (no sugar added)
- 2 oz prosciutto, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 oz pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 tsp crunched red chilies (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
2. To make the crust: In a medium bowl, combine the baking mix and cheese. In a small bowl, mix together the egg, oil, and water. Pour into the flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
3. Lay the dough on the baking sheet or pizza pan and, with moistened hands, press into a 12in circle, forming an outer edge. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
4. To make the topping: In a small bowl, combine the provolone and mozzarella. Remove the pizza crust from the oven and top with the sauce, cheese mixture, prosciutto, olives and pepper flakes, if desired. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 30 Days/30 Ideas for Your Biggest Body Problems.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!