Try this recipe from Dr. Joel Fuhrman's new book, Eat to Live.
Makes 12 cookies
- 2 tbsp ground chia or flax seeds
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans or 1 (15-oz) can no-salt-added or low sodium white beans, drained
- 2 tbsp natural, unsalted peanut butter
- 1-2 ripe bananas (second one is optional, to be added later in chunks, if desired)
- 1/2 cup baked and peeled sweet potato
- 6 Medjool or 12 regular (Deglet Noor) dates, pits removed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsulfured, dried apricots, sliced into small pieces
In a Vitamix or other high-powered blender, combine chia seed gel, white beans, peanut butter, 1 banana, sweet potato, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and creamy.
In a large bowl, combine the whole-wheat flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly. Add the blended mixture to this dry mixture and mix until flour is totally combined. Stir in apricot slices and thin slices of banana and mix.
Place parchment paper on a large cookie sheet or coat sheet with a thin layer of cooking spray. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto the sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!