The Lemole Longevity Plan, created by Dr. Oz's father-in-law Dr. Gerry Lemole, was designed to help you fight off chronic disease. Dr. Lemole recommends a diet of whole grains, citrus fruits, and green vegetables. He warns against highly processed foods that are high in fat. The following recipes can give your lymphatic system a boost – and they're all named after each of Dr. Oz's children!
- 1 cup brown lentils, sorted and washed
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 4 tbsp vegetarian chicken broth power
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp curry power, mild or hot
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in electric rice cooker or in pot on stove. Bring to a full boil, then turn to low and simmer for 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed.