Low in sugar and high in protein, these energy balls from Dr. Roizen are the perfect midday snack. Pop a couple of these into a plastic bag to have on hand when you start getting drowsy at work for an instant energy boost.
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped Fuji apple
- 1/2 cup bittersweet dark chocolate chunks (70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, add all the above ingredients and stir together.
2. Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Remove and roll into 1-2 inch balls.
3. Store in fridge in a large airtight container or plastic bag for up to three weeks.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Power Plan to Restore Your Energy.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!