This bread recipe is great for people who want to make fresh, healthy bread without all the hassle. The no-knead bread from the Italian superstore Eataly is not only super simple to make, it's tasty as well. Pop it in your fridge overnight for a healthy baked treat.
- pinch (about 1/4 tsp) instant yeast
- 3 cups 100-percent whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for two hours.
2. Remove the dough from the bowl onto a lightly floured surface. Fold a few times and shape.
3. Return to bowl and cover again with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit overnight (12 to 18 hours) to ferment. You can either put it in the fridge or leave it on the counter (ideal temperature is 68 to 72 degrees). You will know it is ready because it will nearly double in size and the surface will be spotted with little bubbles.
4. Bake in a ceramic or glass dish at 450 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes, then uncovered for the rest of the time) until the top is golden brown.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!