- 1/2 lb gluten-free wide rice noodles
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp gluten-free fish sauce
- 1 tbsp gluten-free rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp gluten-free sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (using both white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain, and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, 1/3 cup of water, and the fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sweet chili sauce, canola oil, shallot and garlic. Add the warm noodles and toss.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the eggs. Tilt the skillet so the eggs cover the entire inside of the pan. Cook for 30 seconds. Flip the eggs over and cook for 30 seconds more, until the eggs are cooked through. Transfer the egg "pancake" to a cutting board and let it cool. Slice into thin strips and set aside. Top the noodles with the peanuts, sprouts and scallions. Using a pair of tongs or two large spoons, toss until the noodles are evenly coated. Sprinkle with the cilantro, top with the cooked egg and serve immediately.