Add some summertime flavor to your morning meal with this delicious omelet. This recipe will make sure you start your day off right with a dose of protein and good fats from the healthy egg and avocado combo.
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 egg
- corn cut from 1 cob (about 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup torn or chopped cilantro leaves
1. Preheat a well-seasoned 8 inch cast iron or other non stick pan.
2. Beat the eggs in a small bowl until well mixed, stir in the corn, and then add a splash of water.
3. Add the oil to the pan and pour in the eggs. Swirl the pan to cook the eggs gently, pulling in the liquid eggs from the sides with a spatula or fork as you go, until almost done.
4. Turn off the heat (the residual heat of the pan will finish cooking the eggs) and add the avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Slide the omelette out of the pan and fold it over onto the plate. Serve topped with the cilantro.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!