Walnuts are super healthy for your heart. Add a little flavor to them for a delicious and filling mid-day snack.
- 9 cups walnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Spread the nuts in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. In a small food processor, puree the coconut oil, garlic, rosemary, palm sugar, salt, and cayenne into a paste.
4. Remove the nuts from the oven carefully and transfer them to a large bowl. Toss with the garlic rosemary paste until well covered.
5. Return the walnuts to the oven and continue baking at 325 degrees for 10-15 more minutes, remove from oven. Let them cool completely before storing them in glass jars.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!