Tahini is a Middle Eastern sauce that has a delicious tang. Added to a salad like this, it results in a light, refreshing dish full of flavor.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- dash freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup snow peas, strings removed
- 1 cup bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned adzuki beans, drained
In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place the spinach, scallions, snow peas, bean sprouts and beans in a large salad bowl. Pour the tahini dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss together to coat. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Mark Hyman