- 1 can rinsed and draine black beans
- 3 orgnaic eggs
- 1/3 cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar or palm sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, no soy or dairy
- 1/3 cup finel chopped walnuts (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor bowl or vita mix blender, combine the black beans, eggs, melted butter, cocoa powder, vanilla, and coconut sugar. Pulse or blend until smooth (or as smooth as possible).
Grease an 8x8-inch glass-baking dish or line a pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts (if using) over the top and use a spatula to push them down into the batter just a little.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, until brownies are set in the middle.
Watch the edges for excess browning if you're not sure they're done.
Cool and then chill before serving.
Store in fridge.