- 2 cups yellow split peas
- 1 14-oz can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, trimmed and steamed
- 1 1/2 cups raw steamed brown rice
Rinse the split peas. In a large saucepan, place the split peas, coconut milk, vegetable broth, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric and salt. Simmer over medium heat until peas are soft, approximately 30 minutes. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
Serve with steamed broccoli and brown rice.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Mark Hyman.