Garam masala is a blend of ground spices that may include cloves, coriander, cumin, cardamom, fennel, mace, black pepper and nutmeg, and is a smorgasbord of phytonutrients.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chickpeas, canned
- 6 cups low-sodium, organic chicken stock
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. In an ovenproof casserole dish, heat olive oil on medium-high heat and add chicken. Let brown for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions, garlic, cauliflower, chickpeas, chicken stock, pomegranate molasses and garam masala. Cover and place in preheated oven to cook for approximately 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with chopped cashews before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Mark Hyman.