The humble garlic bulb is nature’s pungent source of allicin, a phytochemical that is a powerful detoxifying and anti-microbial agent. Eat plenty of garlic to boost your levels of this crucial chemical as well as the sulfur needed to produce glutathione – the body’s most powerful detoxifying molecule.
- 2 cups canned white beans
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups fresh baby mixed greens
Drain the canned beans. In a medium bowl, mix beans with all remaining ingredients except greens. Divide the greens between two plates and serve the white bean mixture on the bed of greens.
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Mark Hyman.