Just when you thought your mac and cheese couldn’t get any creamier—add Greek yogurt for a healthy, protein-rich spin on your favorite comfort food by food blogger Roberta Pipito of Homemade Delish.
- 4 cups whole-wheat elbow pasta
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 cups fresh spinach, optional
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika, optional for spice
1. Cook the pasta according to the package’s instructions (about 8 to 10 minutes), until al dente. Drain water and return pasta to pot.
2. Stir in the cheese until melted. Stir in the Greek yogurt, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the cooked spinach. Stir in the remaining pasta water to thin, if necessary. Serve immediately.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 99 Food Hacks You Can’t Live Without.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!