Makes 12 servings (one serving is 2 shells)
- 24 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb lean Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 (15 oz) container light ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
- 1 (9 oz) box Green Giant® frozen spinach
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrot ( about 1 medium carrot)
- 1 oz (25.5 oz) jar organic Italian herb pasta sauce
- cooking spray
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, crumble sausage. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
In medium bowl, stir ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the Italian cheese blend, the spinach and basil until well mixed. Stir in carrots and sausage.
Spread about 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce over bottom of baking dish. Spoon about 3 tablespoonfuls sausage mixture into each pasta shell. Arrange shells, filled sides up, on sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining pasta sauce over stuffed shells. Spray 15-inch piece of foil with cooking spray; cover shells with foil.
Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Italian cheese blend. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.