Taste the fresh flavors of summer with this light entrée from Chef Chip Roman. The accompanying salsa verde can be used to garnish any of your favorite dishes.
- 12 large day boat scallops, cleaned and muscles removed
- 1 pint yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint red pear tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz baby arugula
- Lemons for juice
- Olive oil to taste
- Fine sea salt and white pepper to taste
- 4 tomatillo, husk removed, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 whole avocado, skin and pit removed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno (with seeds)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt to taste
Makes 4 servings.
Heat up grill (or grill pan) and rub it down with an oiled paper towel and tongs.
Season the tomatoes and scatter across the grill, leaving on only until they have a bit of black to their skins. Remove and reserve.
Season the scallops liberally with salt and a little bit of white pepper. Grill the scallops for a minute on each side until the outsides have grill marks and the insides are still mostly raw.
Toss the tomatoes and arugula together and dress with lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Place 3 scallops per plate, and garnish with 2 oz of salsa verde and a small handful of the salad.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree on high for several minutes. Chill right away in a bowl set over ice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.