These cookies have the distinct honor of being the winner of Dr. Oz’s Viewer Holiday Cookie Swap! Using flaxseed instead of eggs and applesauce instead of butter, this recipe is the perfect guilt-free offering for any holiday cookie swap.
- 1 cup of all-natural applesauce and 1/2 stick of margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp flaxseed and 6 tbsp water (in place of the eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-natural whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup craisins
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup natural sweetener or other sugar alternative for baking
- 2 tbsp low-fat margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp fat-free creamer or low-fat milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (you can change flavoring if you would like a different taste)
- About 8 drops food coloring (for colored frosting)
Mix ingredients together. Bake at 350°F for 11 to 12 minutes, let cool then frost with light vanilla frosting.
Light Vanilla Frosting:
Add powdered sugar, sugar substitute, margarine, milk and vanilla to a small mixing bowl and beat on medium speed to blend until smooth. This will take a few minutes, because the sugar substitute takes a while to dissolve. Frost cookies and enjoy!