Muffins bought from the store can add up to almost 600 calories! This healthier, but still delicious, alternative from blogger Melissa King is only 228 calories per muffin. Enjoy the flavors of fall for breakfast with these muffins, or save them for an after-dinner treat.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups spelt flour (or oat flour)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together the maple syrup, coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce, and pumpkin together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and chocolate chips.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Spoon batter into muffin tips.
5. Bake for around 12–15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Dr. Oz Food Investigation: Low-Calorie Chip Craze.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!