When it comes to losing weight, we often learn the hard way that deprivation does not work. A smarter solution is to find healthy alternatives to the foods you love. Below are 3 recipes to help you indulge in your favorite temptations while still staying on the wagon.
- 5 3/10 oz container of non-fat Greek yogurt (or non-fat cottage cheese)
- 6 egg whites
- 2-3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- Artificial sweetener, add to taste
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (20 calories)
- 1/2 cup Blueberries (40 calories)
- 1/2 cup Strawberries (22 calories)
- 1 banana (108 calories)
- 3 squares of dark chocolate
- 1 dollop of organic no-sugar peanut butter
- 2 whole wheat crackers
- 1 spoonful of organic peanut butter
- 1 spoonful sugar-free jelly
Billy G's Breakfast Brownies
Billy Germanakos from The Biggest Loser offers this brownie recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth while still packing the protein you need to start your day.
Blend the egg whites and yogurt. Mix into a bowl with 2/3 cup of plain oatmeal. Add artificial sweetener while blending. Let sit and soak for a few minutes. Use cooking spray to create a non-stick surface, then cook batter into pancakes
Organic Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Scoop a spoonful of organic no-sugar peanut butter on top of the dark chocolate and enjoy!
Spread organic peanut butter on 1 cracker and sugar-free jelly on the other. Combine to make a delicious sandwich.