Tired of bringing cookies to someone's house for the holidays? Try out these protein bars as a hostess gift instead. Simply use your holiday cookie cutters to make Christmas trees, snowmen, and gingerbread-men-shaped bars for the perfect homemade gift.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or sucanat
- 1/2 banana
- Pinch of salt
1. If your peanut butter is from the fridge, gently warm it until it is a stirrable consistency.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir the peanut butter and applesauce until they form a smooth paste.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour the dry ingredients over the peanut butter mixture and stir until evenly incorporated. It will be a little crumbly, so transfer the crumbly dough to a gallon-size plastic bag.
5. From inside the bag, form one big ball. Still in the bag, roll out with a rolling pin. Cut bars (or portion bars into individual bags and shape them) and put in the freezer to firm.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Last-Minute, Easy Homemade Health Gifts.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!