- 1 lb raw lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp dry steak seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 5 light hamburger buns
- 1/8 tsp salt
Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and bring to medium-high heat. Add turkey and sprinkle with steak seasoning and salt. Cook and crumble for about 8 minutes, until mostly cooked.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar. Mix well, and cook and crumble for 5 minutes, or until meat is fully cooked.
Reduce heat to low. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and sweetener or sugar. Cook and stir until hot, about 5 minutes.
Toast buns, if desired. Evenly distribute the mixture among the bottom buns, and then finish off with the tops of the buns. Enjoy!