Chicken kebabs are a great way to get protein and veggies into your daily diet. Serve with a rice and salad for a delectable Mediterranean-inspired meal on the Day-Off Diet. Find out more about the Day-Off Diet and take the Day-Off Diet Assessment so you can find out which social support group is right for you.
- 2 1/2 tbsp sauce, dressing, or marinade with 25 calories or less per 1-tbsp serving
- 1 tsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 5 oz raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, stem removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- half of a red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 small mushrooms (about 1-inch wide)
1. In a small bowl, mix sauce/dressing/marinade with oil. Place mixture in a large sealable bag. Add all remaining ingredients. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Gently knead marinade mixture into chicken and veggies through the bag. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Alternately thread chicken and veggies onto three skewers (discard excess marinade).
3. Bring a grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook kebabs for 5 minutes.
4. Flip kebabs. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Hungry Girl Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!